Every Dependable Cleaners employee is a vital and important member of our team because they ensure the continual delivery of quality and on-time service to our valued customers. Every employee is significant to the overall dry cleaning and laundering process.
We support our team members in their growth and development in our company. We believe that by training and cross-training our employees in the many aspects of our business they will have the skills and knowledge to better meet our customer’s needs.
Our Team Members
- Our Assistant Managers work with their manager to provide training and support for employees while at the same time offering exceptional customer service to our customers. They should be flexible in their availability to help open or close the store. They assist in production and are trained on most aspects of cleaning and finishing. They assist with paperwork, cash outs, audits, and inventory.
- Our Customer Service Representative’s primary responsibility is to provide exceptional customer service to our customers. They work directly with our customers and identify garments to be laundered or dry cleaned, tag them in, while inputting that information into the computerized register. They consistently ensure cash drawer accuracy.
- Our Drivers are responsible for the transport of garments within the Dependable Cleaners district. They must hold a valid Massachusetts driver's license and have a safe driving record. They assist with production and customer service duties in our stores as needed.
- Our Drycleaners are responsible for dry cleaning and wet cleaning garments and household items according to company standards. They sort and hang items by lot color. They inspect all garments and household items for stains. They perform stain removal. They maintain dry cleaning and wet cleaning machines. They assist other departments to assure on-time delivery to customers.
- Our Drycleaning Pressers finish (i.e. press) all pieces according to company and customer standards. They ensure finishing equipment is working properly and are well maintained. They are trained to read all flyers with customers' instructions.
- Our Inspection, Assembly and Baggers (IAB) visually inspect all garments to identify any deficiencies in stain removal or pressing. They are trained to press and touch up garments and household items as needed. They do minor repairs (i.e. sewing on buttons and mending hems) as needed. They are trained to read all flyers with customers’ instructions. They assemble garments to the corresponding ticket. They remove lint from all pieces and bag items.
- Our Maintenance Mechanics have knowledge of pneumatics, electrical and plumbing. Their goal is to keep all equipment in working order and perform preventive maintenance according to our maintenance schedule. If equipment is down, they strive to get it back in service before the next production shift begins so we can maintain our promise of on-time service to our customers.
- Our Managers are responsible for the training and coaching of their employees while at the same time providing exceptional customer service to our customers. They assist in production and are trained in most aspects of cleaning and finishing. They ensure the store opens and closes according to posted hours and operate within budgeted guidelines. They complete cash deposits, conduct store inventory and submit reports as needed. They are responsible for the store’s profitability.
- Our Shirt Pressers finish (i.e. press) all shirts according to company and customer standards. They ensure that all finishing equipment is working properly and are well maintained. They are trained to read all flyers on clothes and follow customers’ instructions.
- Our Tailors/Seamstresses are responsible for servicing customers with fittings and alterations while providing exceptional customer service. They perform minor repairs and are cross-trained to assist in store production.